The more you understand hypnotherapy, the more effective it is likely to be. Hypnosis is essentially a simple, down-to-earth, and common sense therapy. By relaxing, thinking positively, and picturing your goals, hypnosis can help you to progressively improve your habitual feelings and behaviour.
· A time for relaxation and to focus on positive suggestions
· Easy to learn and master
· Time for yourself and a step on the journey to be the best you there is
· A way to change behaviour and habits
· Completely safe
· A proven method of achieving change
· A skill that you can use in everyday life to manage stress
· A collaborative process between you and the therapist
Hypnosis is not……
· Something to be scared of
· A form of mind control!
· A trick that will make you do things you don’t want to do!
· Going to leave you ‘stuck’ in a trance!
Hypnosis is a simple, down-to-earth and common sense therapy that can enable you to progressively improve your habitual feelings and behaviour.
The feeling of being in hypnosis is not actually ‘sleep’ – people are aware of everything that is going on around them – but it has been likened to the feeling of daydreaming when you are absorbed in your imagination and an idea. You will know where you are and what is going on around you.
In hypnosis, you still feel exactly like ‘you’ just a more relaxed and calm ‘you’.